Monday 14 September 2009

I will not give you advice



I will not give you advice.

There's nothing personal about it but, being a self made multi-millionaire, I am always getting letters from people, and being asked at social gatherings "How can I, too, become a world famous, extremely rich entrepreneur?"

What can I say? For, as is well known, I come from lowly beginnings and have strived all my life to pull myself up by my bootstraps and gain the exalted position that I have today.

The answer is hard work - but this is not what people wish to hear. They want to think that there is some easy, magic way to the top.

One is reminded of the story of Picasso. Someone said that he would pay him to draw a picture on a table napkin. He quickly drew a sketch and said, "One million dollars, please."

"A million dollars?" the man exclaimed. "That only took you thirty seconds!"

"Yes," said Picasso. "But it took me fifty years to learn how to draw that in thirty seconds."

Hard work and application are the route to success - This may seem unfair, but it is the truth. It is something that the Badfort Crowd have refused to accept - with their attempts to gain financial advantage through various dodges and scams.

I cannot be expected to impart my wisdom for nothing, however, I have agreed to take part in a new television programme for budding entrepreneurs. It will be called Uncle's Den and each week contestants who have what they consider to be a viable and potentially very profitable business idea, but who lack funding and direction, can pitch their idea to myself and other Homeward business gurus.

Being a professional writer I am also frequently asked to read novels and scripts.

Frankly, I am not prepared to do this - the reason that my own literary efforts are so admired is because they are based on my own life. I live a varied and exciting existence which is of a great deal of interest to everyone - most people live rather boring and mundane lives and their jottings reflect this.

I give all the unsolicited writings I receive to Lucy to peruse and reply to. She has a fascination with the kitchen sink drama of everyday life.



Buy my Biographies in Great Britain here and here

Buy my Biographies in America here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment