Saturday 17 September 2022

Smuggling at Sunset Beach

My dream about dark clouds brewing over Sunset Beach had left gnawing doubts in my mind. Was there some issue I had overlooked - a potential danger to my domain? I decided to consult with my detective A.B.Fox. "Well, if you remember, Sir, on your last holiday there, you did raise some concerns over the suitability of the location for smuggling operations" he reminded me. "In that case, I think it best if you carry out some investigations" I informed him. That night he sent an urgent call, via Owl Post, for me to join him at the seaside resort. The Old Monkey and I joined him at the cliff top in the dead of night. "Look Sir, they have attempted to disguise themselves with false beards, but, it is clearly the Badfort Crowd taking in an illicit assignment!" he whispered. "Hmmm, yes I can see - a large number of boxes marked J7 OMA - what is it?" I replied. "I fear, Sir, that they have got hold of a very rare and lethal weapon - The Johnny Seven (One Man Army) gun. It is a multi-functional device, but crucially, my sources tell me that it has been adapted to fire Duck Bombs and bladders of vinegar." he said. Duck bombs burst when they hit you, and cover you from head to foot with a liquid which looks like lemonade but instantly turns into a tough jelly which is almost impossible to remove; in fact, you can't get it off for hours, and in the meantime you can only move very slowly. You will not be surprised to hear that the Badfort Crowd are always using them. "The one advantage we have is that they do not know that we know what they are up to - we have the element of surprise!" remarked A.B.Fox I shall be ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment